12 February 2016

brief update in photo

Let me catch you up just a bit ... 
Here are few highlights from the past few weeks in photo.
This is one of those posts that won't be too spiritual, but a glimpse of real-life in South Africa.


Afterschool tutoring is going great.
There are LOTS of reasons I keep doing this ministry but this little one is on the top.
She's behind in traditional schooling but finding success in creative ways. We bake, we chat, we do exercise. She's learning to deal with educational challenges and life disasters in a new way. Supporting this family has been part of my call and ministry since 2010. God is truly getting me deeper and deeper into this family's life through the ministry of presence!


Art is a huge part of my ministry these days.
This is just one of the creative pieces that I've done with groups this month.
It's called "Expression Pizza" - each individual group member gets a slice and has to illustrate their journey from the application to attend my course until the moment they arrive into the classroom. They then explain to the group who they are, tell their story and explain why they're in our art class. Art is the medium to get to know each other, and I'm having a ball!

Gherkin turned 3!
It's summer here, so I made her a doggie ice cream dessert!
That's also Meagan's attempt at making her a party hat! She hated it, can you tell?
Happy Birthday Gherkin. You bring great joy!

And can someone send me winter? I HATE the heat. 





Melanie Dill

No comments:

Melanie's website.

www.melaniedill.com