13 April 2016

highlights from the last few months

In a flash of photos, here's what's been going on the last few months ... 

Supporting Meagan's Seminary as they are presented and prayed for in a local church!

PASSION CAME TO TOWN!
Louie Giglio & Chris Tomlin & the gang led Cape Town in a worship night.

Investing in some really awesome girls. These are just a few that are part of GROW!

Easter was tasty! I made a 3-layer coconut cake.
My family had some sort of coconut dessert each Easter, and the tradition continues.
I got to share this cake with my neighbors, Meagan's family, and some of my GROW girls & their families!
Baking is love.

Mia & Chelsey on a Easter Sunday afternoon trip to Muiz Beach.
Spend the night party ensued afterward!

Easter Monday (also known as Family Day here in South Africa) is a public holiday.
We went on a 5k trek in Sea Point, stopping at 3 playgrounds along the way!

Outdoor markets are huge here.
Had a small road trip with some friends to Franschoek and reveled in the glorious Autumn air!

Franschoek, South Africa

Friends with coffee. There's no greater thing.

Easter Break was fabulous and gave me 2 weeks of rest and special ministry times sprinkled in the break. I'm finding a much better balance in responsibilities, commitments, ministry stuff ... missions life details! I feel life is more together and I can breathe a bit in the handful of focus areas in ministry.



Pray for ...
- the local churches and pastors I'm working with in and out of Capricorn. I'm trying to strengthen discipleship strategies and mentoring concepts, walking alongside them and their youth/young adults. This is a slow process, but I'm building great relationships with churches in my community and continuing to build trust.
- community development and creativity training through the Butterfly Art Project. This has been a HUGE ministry opportunity. Using art as a medium for relationship.
- Capricorn Primary School - for the principal, staff, teachers ... it's a hard job to work in a South Africa community-governement-school
- my Visa to come through - I'm having some delays and pray God's favor and provision upon this mission. I know this seems to be the never-ending story, but please persistently pray for this for me and ministry. It's crucial.
- my GROW girls - the upcoming retreat planning, the weekly mentoring sessions, the families that are being supported
- Meagan, my South African sister - as she's still waiting on an internship opportunity (July-Dec) and future full-time job (post seminary)

No comments:

Melanie's website.

www.melaniedill.com